First Visit | East Lansing, MI
Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, if all exams and questions are answered so that it is safe to proceed, surgery can be performed the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or extensive treatment plan will most often require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
- Call East Lansing Office Phone Number 517-333-9500 to schedule your first visit with our practice.
- Patient Registration.
- Get Driving Directions.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your initial visit:
- Your surgical referral slip and any x-rays if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit.
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.
Surgery with IV Sedation
A pre-operative consultation and physical examination is mandatory for patients undergoing IV anesthesia for surgery. The day of your surgery with IV anesthesia is scheduled, the following things are important:
- Do not eat or drink six hours prior to the surgery.
- You will need an adult to drive you home, watch over you, and help you until you are fully recovered. Your driver is expected to remain in our office during your surgical procedure as well.
- Please wear short or loose sleeves to help with the IV placement.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
Call East Lansing Office Phone Number 517-333-9500 for more information or to make an appointment with Dr. Dwight.